Living Yoga 200-Hour Teacher Training
10/1/2021 - 3/20/2022
Early Bird Special Until 7/15/2021 $3,000
Living Yoga Teacher Training, a Yoga Alliance registered 200-hour program, is designed for any yoga student or aspiring teacher seeking broader knowledge of classical yoga teachings in an accessible format and supportive environment. The program will examine the philosophical underpinnings of yoga from the lens of our modern lives and empower students to live their yoga beyond the physical practice. This program is designed for students who are ready to commit to take their practice deeper physically, mentally, and spiritually. We invite you to spend these six months with us getting stronger, building healthy habits, and cultivating a more vital, conscious way of life. We teach yoga as a life practice, far beyond what happens on the mat and in a way that calls you into your personal power and life's purpose.
Under the direction of Alicia Moyer, ERYT-500, and Nichole Ferrigno, ERYT-200, in conjunction with the Past Tense Teacher Training team, this modern vinyasa yoga training is a comprehensive six-month program that will hone your teaching skills, deepen your personal yoga practice, and guide you through the beautiful layers of yourself to uncover your innate wisdom.
The curriculum includes:
- Asana. In-depth study of the foundational asanas (postures) and how to sequence them to create an engaging and transformative experience for both online and in-person classes. This is a modern vinyasa training that incorporates wisdom from many influences and traditions.
- Anatomy and Biomechanics. This program emphasizes studying the body and movement from the lens of biotensgrity and functional movement. You'll gain a basic understanding of the musculoskeletal and nervous systems, learn to optimize joint articulation and range of motion, and guide classes that are respectful of all bodies.
- Pranayama and Meditation. Learn the core breathing and meditation techniques to support your personal practice and provide a holistic practice that integrates mind, body, and spirit. Learn to center yourself and hold space for fostering inward focus and cultivating deep relaxation (Savasana).
- Yoga Philosophy. Gain a deeper understanding of yoga philosophy with an emphasis on Patanjali's Yoga Sutras and the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita and a Tantric perspective. We'll explore the basic history of yoga and modern-day implications like cultural appropriation, what it means to teach yoga in the west, and yoga's connection to social justice.
- Lifestyle. We'll introduce Ayuerveda, the ancient sister science of yoga, and the ways this wisdom can support your daily life.
The unique features of this training include:
- Personal attention. Space is limited to 12 students to cultivate an intimate community and allow for personal guidance. The small group size allows for customization of the program and more time practice teaching than many progorams.
- Exceptional value. The training includes the training manual and a six-month unlimited livestream and on-demand membership to Past Tense as well as some in-studio classes (a $1200 value).
- Real Life. This program teaches yoga as a framework for everyday life with an emphasis on the principle of ahimsa or do no harm. Rooted in trauma-informed practices, which explore how stress shows up in the mind and body, you will learn tools to better support yourself and your futures students from the inside out. These practices and the foundational and philosophical principles of yoga will you connect your self-care to community care.
The training will take place throughout eight intensive weekends on Fridays 6:00-9:00, Saturdays 8:30-6:00 and Sundays 8:30-5:00. Beginning January 5 and running through March 16, the training will also include a weekly Thursday session 6:30-8:00. Some of the Thursday sessions will be hosted online.
- October 1-3
- October 15-17
- November 5-7
- November 19-21
- December 10-12
- January 14-16
- February 11-13
- March 18-20
- Attend all weekend modules (individual arrangements must be made to make up any missed class time).
- Complete all homework, readings, journal assignments, class observations/assistance, take-home final exam, and teaching practicum.
- Take at least three yoga classes per week and any pre-approved studio, gym, or virtual platform.
Early bird; $3,000 for those who register by July 15.
A $500 deposit is required at the time of registration. Deposit and tuition are non-refundable. Full tuitition is due before the training begins. Full terms and conditions can be found here.